Monday, April 2, 2012

The perfect world

Cristof creates what he considers a "perfect World" for truman to live "happily ever after"



1: How does Seahaven compare to your world in terms of family life, neighborhood life, work life, and leisure time?

Seahaven is more like a routine that Cristof has created for Truman. Is similar to the everyday life that I live.
Family life is the same routine everyday. Unless we have a situation where a family member is sick or something serious has happened, If that's the problem that my family member is facing then what we will do is take the person that is feeling ill to see a doctor to find out what is wrong. Apart from that if everything is fine then we just continue doing the same regular things that we do every single day like cook and clean.

Neighborhood life is similar. When I see my next door neighbor Edwin I will ask him how his doing or just say "hello how are you? then wish him to have a nice day, just like in the "the Truman show", when Truman tell his neighbors hello "In case that I don't see you ...good afternoon, good evening, and good night."

Work life is very similar I wake up at 5 in the morning everyday to shower and get ready to be at work at 7 in the morning to be ready to start my daily routine. Although I have different challenges everyday at work, but is pretty much the same routine.

Leisure time at times is different because I like doing things to enjoy my self when I'm not working. like going to the movies or going out to dinner with friends and family. Or Sometimes stay home and relax.





2: Would you choose to live in Cristof's world. why or why not?

I wouldn't like to live in Cristof's world because is a world full of lies. It is all made up. If I wanted to live under Cristof's world, it will mean that I will have to live under his rules, controlled by what he thinks is right and wrong for me. Just like the movie "the Truman show."
choosing to live in Cristof's world means that I won't have any rights to choose to become a doctor, a lawyer or become a parent. Nothing will be possible unless it is accepted by Cristof's.

Being able to decide on my own is a better option because it means that I'm going to be able to live and learn from my mistakes. If I make a Good or bad choice then it will be up to me! not Cristof's.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I was reading your essay, and to begin I will like to tell you that you have some great ideas, and with most of them I agree because I picked the same questions. Something that you have to work on a little more is on your grammar and also remember that an essay also contains an introduction and a conclusion no only the body paragraphs. But I love your ideas, great job.

    ReplyDelete